Thank you for another day full of learning and inspiration!
The 7th conference on Dismantling Systemic Racism, sponsored by the State Education Resource Center (SERC) in collaboration with the SERC Foundation, focuses on ways to support, promote, and develop racial equity in education. The full-day conference supports educators, families, and community leaders who seek to confront racist structures and practices to better serve Connecticut’s students and their families, through advocacy and the development, implementation, and sustainability of innovative, culturally relevant programming.
The keynote presenter for this conference is Dr. Christopher Emdin, award-winning author, hip-hop educator, and Robert A. Naslund Endowed Chair in Curriculum Theory and Professor of Education at the University of Southern California, where he also serves as Director of youth engagement and community partnerships at the USC Race and Equity Center. He is also Scholar/Griot in Residence at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
Internationally renowned poet, playwright, performing artist, producer and publisher jessica Care moore will perform.
The Dismantling Systemic Racism Conference is proud to return to the Connecticut Convention Center in 2023.
100 Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06103
PreK-Grade 12: Educators, Administrators, Family Members, Community Members, Business Leaders, Students, and all who play a role in a child’s life.
- REGISTRATION HAS REACHED CAPACITY. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Student registration is limited to 10 students per district at this time. Students must be accompanied by an adult chaperone throughout the conference (including breakout sessions).
- Registration fees include meals during the conference.
- Payment must be received by April 28, 2023.
- All refunds must be requested in writing five business days prior to May 5, 2023.
If you are hearing impaired and require an interpreter, please send an email request to Heather Dawes at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 7, 2023. SERC will make every effort to secure an interpreter, but may not be able to fulfill requests made after this date.